At SiteWizard, we take immense pride in our ongoing partnership with the Recruitment and Employment…More details
Both Facebook Ads and a Facebook boosted post are both forms of advertising offered on the Facebook platform, but there are some important differences in how each of them is set up and what can be achieved with them.
A boosted post is when you add a budget to any post on your company page’s timeline so it appears to an audience outside of those already following your page. This is one of the most straight forward ways to advertise on the platform but it doesn’t come with all of the same customisation features that you get with Ads. You can control 3 things:
- Your audience.
- How much you want to spend.
- The duration that you want the ad to run.
So, what can you do with Facebook Ads that you can’t do with a boosted post? Ads are created in the Ads Manager and it is the dashboard that provides additional features to customise your advertising. These include:
- Being able to select the placement of your ads from Instagram Newsfeed to Messenger Ads and Instagram Stories to Instant Articles plus more.
- Choosing an objective can be quite crucial in getting the ad focussed on the end goal. Maybe you want to boost page likes to grow your following or perhaps you want traffic to your website.
- Building a much more specific audience is an important feature that reach people far more likely to engage with your ad – and avoid wasting valuable budget on people that have no need for your products and services.
Both forms of Facebook advertising are fantastic ways to get your business in front of more people. The one that is best for you will depend on your budget and your goal.