At SiteWizard, we take immense pride in our ongoing partnership with the Recruitment and Employment…More details
Did you know that TikTok was the most visited domain in 2021? It’s quite unbelievable that it wasn’t just the most used social media platform (although that would still be impressive) – it was visited more than Google, Netflix, and Amazon.
It has a huge, global audience just waiting to view more and more content. This content isn’t just made up of the latest dance trends or viral challenges. It is used by businesses, large and small, to be seen by more people possible than on any other platform or website.
There are huge opportunities for companies wanting to be discovered by new customers. A prime example is for a B2C company using the #TikTokMadeMeBuyIt hashtag that has more than 3 billion views. That is just one example and one hashtag!
A great bonus with marketing your business on TikTok is…you can have fun. There aren’t many other settings where even the most professional of companies can have this much fun showing a different side to their company – all whilst getting your name, products/service or message out there.
So, let’s go through how you can create a page for your business…
Creating a TikTok account is straight forward. Just click this link and follow the instructions: https://www.tiktok.com/signup
1. TikTok enables you to use to sign up using the following options:
- Use phone or email
2. Enter your D.O.B and phone number or email. Choose your password, then you’ll be sent a 6-digit code to verify the account.
3. Create your username. (Usernames can only contain letters, numbers, underscores, and full stops). Please note, changing your username will change your profile link. This is important to note if adding this link to your website.
4. You can view your profile, add a profile picture and setup a bio by clicking on ‘edit profile’. It’s also useful to link your TikTok account to other socials like Instagram – you can do so in the ‘edit your profile’ section.
5. Next, you need to make your profile into a business account: Go to profile > Click the three lines on top right corner > Settings and Privacy > Manage Account > Switch to business account (under account control).
Turning your account into business, you’ll get be able to:
- Learn about your customers from video performance insights.
- Use royalty-free sounds.
- Get guidance and inspiration in the creative hub.
- Get access to the business suite tools (scheduler, auto messaging, with more features coming soon).
6. You need to choose the category of your business and add an email to your profile.
7. Start uploading videos and following your favourite creators!
We know that having an account is just the beginning, so we have compiled some useful information and tips to help.
- Video uploads can be up to 10 minutes long – but long videos don’t always mean good videos. Make sure they don’t go on too long as attention can be lost. Make it punchy and to the point.
- The files must be less than 2GB and a mp4 or WebM file.
- TikTok is geared up for mobile use first so the features and settings are limited on desktop. Use the mobile app to get full access.
- The business suite allows you to view your analytics, promote content, view the business creative hub, manage branded content, register your business, and get leads. You can now see who views your profile using the statistics available.
- The creator tools are similar to the business suite. You can access your analytics, promote content, access the creator portal. View the live creator hub and visit the TikTok shop. You’ll also be able to turn on your ad settings within the creator tools section.