Google My Business (or GMB) is a fantastic tool that provides businesses the ability to…More details
Many of the people that contact us asking for help aren’t quite sure what is wrong. All they know is that the phone isn’t ringing and the enquiries or sales aren’t coming through. It is critical to know what the problem is otherwise your efforts to fix it may be misplaced. There are the obvious business things to consider like pricing (how competitive you are) and ensuring you have easy methods of contact but if that is covered, we need to drill down into the stats of your website.
Here are the potential two main issues with your website:
- Your site is getting great traffic (perhaps you have some great Google marketing) but it isn’t converting. This is likely to mean that people aren’t receptive to your design. Having a good website consultation and taking a look at some examples from a good company can show you exactly what people want to see. From reviews to quick contact forms and beautiful galleries to highlighting your unique selling points.
- Perhaps you have a brand-new design that looks great but the enquiries still aren’t coming in. Then, it is probably worth checking how many people are seeing it. There is no use in having a beautiful website if no one can find it. If you searched for what you do in Google, are you scrolling through pages to find your website?
The good news is, we don’t have to second guess. Google has an amazing tool called Google Analytics. It provides vital data on how many people are coming to your website, where they are coming from and what is happening when they get to you. The best part? It is free. A quick setup and copy/paste of the code into your website and the tracking begins.
The data collected can feel overwhelming to sift through but it is worth it. We are often added to our client’s accounts as a user to give them the help in going through it and taking out the key points to use when working out the next steps. Our account managers have passed the Google Analytics Course so have the insight to take you in the right direction.
In some cases, it can be both the website design and marketing. This is where an experienced person within the online industry can guide on which to prioritise first.
If you’d like to add us as a user to your analytics and get our experienced team to take a look, just follow these simple instructions.
Add Sitewizard to your Google Analytics Account
To add a new user to an account/property/view follow these instructions:
- Sign into Google Analytics
- Click Admin (bottom left corner)
- In the Account, Property, or View column (depending upon whether you want to add users at the account, property, or view level), click Account Access Management
- Click +, then click Add new users
- Enter the email address email@example.com
- Select Notify new users by email to send a message to the user
- Select the permission to Admin
- Click Add
If you aren’t able to do this or don’t have Google Analytics setup yet, contact us today and we can help.